European Commission and Cedefop set up the European forum in 1998 on transparency of vocational qualifications to bring together social partners with representatives of national training authorities around the issue of transparency. Europass Curriculum Vitae is a document to present your skills and qualifications effectively and clearly.
The main tasks of the forum were to:
- remove obstacles to mobility due to a lack of transparency of vocational qualifications;
- stimulate dialogue on existing initiatives, instruments and institutions;
- encourage the implementation of existing political solutions;
- consider new initiatives
The work of the forum resulted in the development of:
- Two documents (The European CV and the Certificate Supplement);
- A network of National Reference Points for Vocational Qualifications (NRPs).
In December 2012, a new CV template and online editor was launched with lot of improvements and more user friendly interface. Here the list of improvements:
- more user-friendly online interface with direct preview of the final document;
- new headings: Personal website, Instant messaging, Language certificate(s);
- improved tutorials for better structured information: description of projects, conferences, publications, etc.;
- new graphical identity for better legibility of Europass Curriculum Vitae generated: new font, use of colors, simplified headings, etc.
Europass provide five different documents to make your skills and qualifications clearly and easily understood in Europe. Two documents are freely accessible for everyone, one is Europass Curriculum Vitae and another one is language passport.
Τhe Curriculum Vitae helps you present your skills and qualifications effectively and clearly. You can create your Europass Curriculum Vitae online using tutorials or download the template, examples and instructions.
Τhe Language Passport is a self-assessment tool for language skills and qualifications. You can create your Language Passport online using tutorials or download the template, examples and instructions.
Other three documents of Europass Curriculum Vitae issued by education and training authorities:
- Τhe Europass Mobility records the knowledge and skills acquired in another European country
- Τhe Certificate Supplement describes the knowledge and skills acquired by holders of vocational education and training certificates
- Τhe Diploma Supplement describes the knowledge and skills acquired by holders of higher education degrees
Europass Curriculum Vitae objective
- Ηelp citizens communicate their skills and qualifications effectively when looking for a job or training
- Ηelp employers understand the skills and qualifications of the workforce
- Ηelp education and training authorities define and communicate the content of curricula
For getting more details please follow below link: