Lund university is in world top 100 universities, it was founded in 1666. The University nearly has 42000 students and 7400 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. Lund university is putting an efforts to understand, explain and improve the world and the human condition.
Education and research in Lund university
Lund is the most popular study location in Sweden. The University offers one of the broadest ranges of programmes and courses in Scandinavia, based on cross-disciplinary and cutting-edge research. The University has a distinct international profile, with partner universities in over 70 countries. Lund University has an annual turnover of SEK 8 billion, of which two-thirds go to research. Our research is characterised by both breadth and strength. Over 30 of our research fields are world-leading according to independent evaluations.
Lund university provide education and research within the following areas:
- Economics and management
- Engineering and technology
- Humanities and theology
- Fine arts, music and theatre
- Social sciences
World-leading research facilities
Two of the world’s foremost research facilities for materials research and life science are established in Lund.
- MAX IV, which was inaugurated in June 2016, is the leading synchrotron radiation facility in the world.
- The European research facility ESS will be the world’s most powerful neutron source when it opens for research in 2023.
MAX IV and ESS will have a major impact on future scientific and industrial development in both materials science and life science. Ideon Science Park, Medicon Village and Science Village Scandinavia are closely linked to Lund University, integrating research, innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Lund University in the world rankings
- Education taught in English at Lund University
- Read more about MAX IV and ESS
- Lund University’s 350th anniversary
Doctoral education (PhD)
Doctoral candidates are not only well prepared for successful careers as independent researchers, but they also have strong possibilities to publish their work independently during their studies and to gain significant teaching experience.
- Lund University offers doctoral education in all eight faculties.
- There are no tuition fees for doctoral education at Lund University.
- Doctoral education is organised at the department level.
- You apply directly to the department when they advertise a doctoral position.
- Self-funded candidates should contact the department of their research interest directly.
Master’s degree programmes
It offers over 100 Master’s degree programmes across a wide range of subjects, with many programmes offering a unique interdisciplinary approach:
Bachelor’s degree programmes
It offers six Bachelor’s degree programmes taught in English:
- Development Studies
- Fine Arts
- International Business
- Physical Geography and Ecosystem Science