Blockchain is a distributed immutable ledger technology. It gives participants an ability to share a ledger by peer-to-peer replication and updates every time when a transaction occurs. A ledger contains a certain and verifiable record of every single transaction ever made. Blockchain forms a chain by a sequence of blocks that replicates over a peer-to-peer (P2P) network. In the blockchain, each block is attached to the previous block by a cryptographic hash, a block contains block header and a list of transactions as a Merkle tree. Blockchain is classified as a permissionless or permissioned. In a permissionless blockchain, anyone can join or leave the network and transactions are publicly available. In permissioned blockchain only predefined verified nodes can join the network and transactions visibility is restricted.
Above text copied from this reference: https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-030-20948-3_16
Bitcoin is a first cryptocurrency based on blockchain technology. It is a decentralized digital cryptocurrency without an authority. Bitcoin runs over the peer-to-peer network.
By taking this course you will learn the key aspects of Blockchain and Bitcoin, including the following topics:
- What is a blockchain?
- What is Bitcoin?
- What are smart contracts?
- What is a cryptocurrency?
- What are the digital tokens?
- How blockchain and Bitcoin are related and why it’s so important to know the relation.
- Some common misconceptions about blockchain and Bitcoin.
- What is the future of blockchain?
- How to get started with Bitcoin
Who can take advantage of this course?
- The ideal student for this course is someone who wants to quickly understand and expand their knowledge of how blockchain and Bitcoin work as well as how they are applied in business.
- Business people who want to learn more about how blockchain and Bitcoin are impacting the world of business.
- This course does not include any code sampling elements, as such, it is not meant as a course for developers who wish to learn how to program blockchain applications.
Quickly get the working knowledge you need and earn your certificate of completion in blockchain and Bitcoin from a globally recognized blockchain and Bitcoin expert by enrolling now!