The curriculum is designed to provide higher education in the broad domain of Cyber Security, integrating Software Development and IT Systems Administration. Graduates of this curriculum will be able to independently design, operate and manage secure IT systems.
After graduating you will be able to:
- understand the whole lifespan of IT systems;
- develop, test and distribute information systems with focus on administration and security;
- perform information systems security testing based on standards and best practices;
- design, develop and implement information systems security procedures;
- master the basics of information systems administration, and administer development and testing environments;
- understand and act by the ethical norms of the field.
Estonian IT College will merge with Tallinn University of Technology on 1st August 2017 and then Bachelor’s program of Cyber Security Engineering will be taught in Tallinn University of Technology.
The prerequisite for admission in Cyber Security is secondary education acquired in Estonia or a corresponding level of education acquired in a foreign state. Recognition of an education certificate issued abroad is decided by the Admissions Committee based on the statement and recommendations by the Estonian ENIC/NARIC Centre (Academic Recognition Information Center).
- Motivation Letter
- result of at least level B2 in an internationally recognized English proficiency test:
- Estonian state examination in English language – 66 points (1997 – 2013), 75 – 100% (2014 – 2016);
- IELTS (Academic)- a minimum overall grade of 5.5, with 5.5 or above in each element.
- TOEFL (iBT)- a minimum total score 72, with listening 17 or above, reading 18 or above, speaking 20 or above, writing 17 or above.
- Cambridge First Certificate in English (FCE)- grade A or B.
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE)- grade A, B or C.
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)- grade A, B or C.
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE A)- total score 51 or above.
Proof of English requirement may be waived if a candidate:
– has finished from either International Baccalaureate (IB) or European Baccalaureate (EB) school (applies for entering to bachelor´s studies only);
– has completed secondary education or higher education in one of the following countries: EU/EEA member states, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand (the transcript of records must include information that studies were conducted fully in English).
Start of studies: September 2018
Tuition fee: €2,400.00 per year
Admission period for foreigners
2 January 2018 until 14 April 2018 – application deadline for Non-EU;
2 January 2018 until 1 May 2018 – application deadline for EU/EEA member states, Turkey, Georgia, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Armenia. Countries who do not need visa to enter Estonia (USA, Canada, Australia, Japan, Israel, Mexico, Macedonia, South Korea).
Cyber Security Curriculum comprises the following modules:
- Basic Skills and Competences (15 ECTS)
- Fundamentals of Information Technology (33 ECTS)
- IT Systems Development (15 ECTS)
- IT Systems Administration (15 ECTS)
- Cyber Security (15 ECTS)
- Elective subjects (32 ECTS, spread into different modules, selected from a total of 99 ECTS)
- Internship (24 ECTS)
- Diploma Thesis (6 ECTS)
Total 3 years and 180 ECTS.
Note: All Above dates are based on previous admission dates, these dates can be change or not.
- application (filled in the admission system)
- motivation letter
- certificate of secondary education, incl. results report (certified copy)
- certificate that demonstrates the required language proficiency (original or certified copy);
- 1 document photo (dimensions of a digital photo: 307 x 372 pixels, recommended resolution: min 300 dpi)
- passport or ID-card (copy)
The required documents can be entered to the admission information system (scanned versions) during admission period. The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English/Estonian. Often you can receive a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
It is required that you send verified copies of the entry qualification documents directly to the IT College by postal mail. NB! Never send original documents by post!
IT College, Study Department
Raja 4C, Tallinn, room 407 (4th floor)
Tel +372 628 5831
The Admissions Committee may interview a student candidate via Skype.
Study loads at IT College
Full-time Cyber Security study: the student meets the requirements of at least 75 % of the extent of the curriculum by the end of each academic year.
Part-time Cyber Security study: the student meets the requirements of 50% to 75% of the extent of the curriculum by the end of each academic year.
For more detail information related to admission in Cyber Security please follow the below links: